Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

I love my family! I love my husband...I love my children! I LOVE my grandson! I love my extended family... I aspire to be just like one of my nieces IF I ever grow up! She is wise beyond years...and always know what and when to say it! Thanks!!!

Shauna started me, last year on having a theme...and without even realizing I had it already decided for me this year...it was.

Last General Conference Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin gave a MOST fantastic talk entitled, "Come what may, and love it" I decided then that that would be my motto...or theme for my life, starting with this year!

The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life. Isn't that soooo profound!?

I put it to the test yesterday...and it helped a bad day stay bad...but I could laugh at it..and didn't stress out as bad as I usually do!

If you haven't read it...take a minute or two and read it.
May this year be filled with laughter, seeking for the eternal, remembering the principle of compensation..the Lord's way...and putting our trust in our Father in Heaven!

Come What May, and LOVE it!

1 comment:

shauna said...

I love that talk. It was one of the things I read prior to my theme deciding moment this year too. The story of his daughter and the blind date still cracks me up.

Have fun this year...and love everything that comes your way...even the bad days because they sure give us something to laugh about later!