Sunday, June 21, 2009

June's Blessings~!

WOW!~!
June has been packed full of wonderful blessings! First off, Hannah received her Patriarchal Blessing the first weekend. It is full of wonderful promises just for her! The spirit was in great abundance int he room, I am very grateful to have been a part of it!

Next off...Graham turned 16...driving, dating, etc etc etc! YIKES! Where has the time gone??? We started the celebrations with a dinner at Mi Rancho's...and had fun! He got his iShuffle and is happy!The 14th he was ordained a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood...and it was a special occasion in and of itself, but was added to it as Scott ordained him. It was Scott's first blessing given, and it was so wonderful to be there witnessing him excercise his priesthood in that manner! Again, a spiritual day! Then today..he, Scott and Mark sat side by side to bless the Sacrament today! I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood in my home!

Tomorrow is the first day of EFY for Graham and Hannah...Hannah's first! I am excited for their adventures there!

Last night Graham had his birthday party..a "dive-in" at Donna's pool. They had a good time, and all was well until Hannah got sad, and started crying, missing Molly...and it was soooo precious...Graham beat me over to her and picked her up in his arms and rocked her and talked to her so tenderly until he had her laughing. It was such a blessing to watch him take care of his little sister! What a great family I have!

Scott heads off tomorrow as well, bit to UGA for orientation to UGA! YIKES!!!!

How can this be true??? I am only 22!!!!!

6 comments:

shauna said...

Geri - your kids are so wonderful! I can't believe how time flies. The story of Graham and Hannah is a tribute to you and Mark as parents. Love is firmly established in your home! I giggled when you commented on loving having the priesthood in your home since that fatherhood and the priesthood was the topic of my talk yesterday and I said the same thing!

Leslie said...

wow. What a great post. I can't believe Graham is 16. He was not very old when I came to stay with you for that week!!

Laundry said...

I LOVED EFY!! I'm officially too old to attend unless I'm a councilor.. which i applied for and didn't get :( sad. oh well. haha. Tell hannah that efy is the best summer camp that the church could ever provide (other than girls camp of course. haha) I absolutely loved it an wish I will have the oprotunity to attend again.

Laundry said...

I LOVED EFY!! I'm officially too old to attend unless I'm a councilor.. which i applied for and didn't get :( sad. oh well. haha. Tell hannah that efy is the best summer camp that the church could ever provide (other than girls camp of course. haha) I absolutely loved it an wish I will have the oprotunity to attend again.

Jodi Jo said...

Sound like an awesome month for you guys! As for your last comment, I will always go with what Shelly Blake used to say, "They must be adopted cause I am not old enough to have a child that is that old!" :) Luvs to you all!

Gramma Bean said...

Amen to that Jodi!